6 replies
Admin
Votes:
+467
Level 7
LEVEL 7
Admins
Admin
Hello! As some of you may know, I have been on this server since April 6th, 2017. And became staff near the end of April. I was promoted to Moderator sometime very early June. I was an admin for a short while back in October to January and ended up stepping back down to moderator, as my life was pretty rocky. And they decided to re-promote me on July 8th, 2018 to the FIRST senior moderator!! I wanted to make this post as I've almost been here for 2 years, and never did make an introduction, so I'd like to tell you my journey on swancraft, and a little about myself in the progress!

I was 14 when I first joined with my best friend and (fake) sister, Ellery. I joined with the idea that Ellery and I would pop in to play some survival, and one day just never pop in again. I was surprised by the amount of warm welcomes and kindness, but it seemed like just something to bring more players onto the server. We went ahead and did our own thing, played, built, whatever. After a few days, Siuans husband the co-owner at the time thought I was stealing from Ellery and almost banned me (Bastard.) if he did, I wouldn't have come back. After a few more days, I started to talk with staff and get a feel for that community aspect. To be honest, staff kinda stuck to me like a magnet, I remember bear following me around a lot, same with zyp! (no surprise, im great) Although I still can't wrap my head around as to why people actually like me, I'm not that great (this is a big mental issue ive been having lately, WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE LIKE ME). Finally i jumped into one of the ts channels and was dragged into a staff channel where ALL the current staff were speaking, it was overwhelming and i was so quiet, but it felt so nice. Ellery was discovered by Zyp as an amazing builder, and they wanted to promote her to a builder on the server. I was a bit upset as my only friend was gonna leave me behind. So I became determined and I tried SO HARD to be promoted with her. Ratty (a player who has left us) gave me encouragement and told me if I got rejected, just try next time. When the promotions came we all patiently sat in the main channel of ts (mind you, I was with a couple other people who applied and it felt competition like in the channel at the time haha). We were ALL brought into the staff channel and congratulated on becoming new staff. It was an amazing day. I was a bit of a shit head when I became comfortable around staff (still am one!) but they seemed to like me anyway. I also had the dirtiest mind and made the grossest jokes, but weirdly enough, that helped me fit in!

More about myself on the matter, that time in my life was not the greatest, I felt like I was in a dark pit, and to be honest, I was starting to not really care about life (lil young for that I know, but it's true). My temperament and personality were kinda in the shit hole, and I had no fucking idea how to control my emotions. At the time my anxiety and depression were coming to a peak after 2 years of realizing I had these issues and never told any except close friends. I'm 16 now and throughout these many months, these people had become so close and dear to my heart. And they helped me through so much, SO MUCH! I couldn't ever thank them enough; Siuan, the admins who are sadly stepped down and even some admins still around! And so many of the staff who have come and go, honestly, you guys are the best. Throughout these months, my new friends had helped me stand up and gain the courage to ask for help. And I got it. My mind is so much healthier now AND my personality. I’ve grown so much as a person, maybe I'm the only one to notice though, but that's okay! I was even able to get a job because of the skills this server has taught me, and I think that's amazing. I know some people will find this post extremely stupid, that’s okay, I know some people haven't had these type of experiences before. It's most definitely rare for a Minecraft server to shape your life. But seriously, I love this server and this community so much, don't you ever forget it! Thank you guys for helping me with a lot.

And I know this really isn't an introduction, but I wanted to tell you some things about myself, how I got started here. I hope this wasn't obnoxious or cringe to read haha, I know I'm a silly, annoying girl. But I was going through old screenshots and posts and needed an outlet so I didn’t burst into tears.

Anyways,
Ruven <3
Posted Nov 15, 18 · OP · Last edited Nov 15, 18 by [Admin] MissRuven
Love
Top Notch ...
List
Undo
Owner
Votes:
+5,714
Level 10
LEVEL 10
Admins
Online on Site
Owner
You shit. I told you, if you cri, i cri. I love you, Ruven, and I'm so glad the community has had such a positive effect on your life. Nothing could make me happier as an owner, nor prouder as a friend. You're still my little Firecracker Ruven, kickin ass and takin names! Some day we will meet, but don't worry, I won't let Zyp marry you until you're 18. ;) <3
[img][/img]
Posted Nov 15, 18
Love
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+367
Level 7
LEVEL 7
Untagged users
Oh hai Ruven! Nice to meet you!

It's terrible you have to go through all these things and feel that way when you're so young. I can't do much but provide moral support Ruvs, and assure you I'm here for ya. We've known each other since...well April 2017, innit? I might be old enough to be your mother (if I went and had children in high school, don't you judge me!) but we're really not all that different. Love ya Ruvs, don't be shy and keep up the sass, you're very much needed here.

:geek: :d
Posted Nov 15, 18
Love
List
Undo
Builder
Votes:
+14
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Builder
You mean the world to us Ruven, we adore you and everything you've brought to the server.
I'll keep this short and simple, but as your best friend for the past 6 years I've seen you grow as a person and couldn't be more proud. thanks for sticking around me when times got tough for each of us.
Posted Nov 19, 18 · Last edited Nov 19, 18 by [Builder] SorryItsEl...
Love
List
Undo
Mod
Votes:
+168
Level 5
LEVEL 5
You're a super awesome person Rue and are one of the reasons why I love this server so much. Keep being you, k? :d
2qsp7cx.jpg
Art By: Turtaro! Thank's so much :d
Posted Nov 19, 18
Love
List
Undo
Votes:
+20
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
when you say you can't understand why people like you, I relate. but I can already tell you're super kind and have lots of experience with life and it's shitty curveballs already, and I know you can get through it. everyone here supports you (I do, even if we hardly know each other xD)
thanks for sharing your story & I hope we can be friends c:
Posted Dec 1, 18
Votes:
+768
Level 9
LEVEL 9
Untagged users
Keep groovin, Ruven.
Posted Dec 2, 18
NoticeNotices