play.swancraftmc.com

1.13 Question

5 replies
Votes:
+37
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Untagged users
I wanted to know if there are any plans to use any datapacks in the upcomming 1.13 update. There are lots of potential ideas I have that partially rely on. I would like to make an item leveling system. Like a sword that you can upgrade with items that drop from monsters. A bow you upgrade with somekind of enchanted string that drops from skeletons. I don't mind doing the work. But I don't know the plans. *shrug*

The actual question, is the server going to use a datapack, and are you taking suggestions for it?
Posted Jan 1, 19 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+37
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Untagged users
I've been told there are currently no plans to use any datapacks. But that doesn't mean it isnt a possibility in the future.
Posted Jan 2, 19 · OP
Owner
Votes:
+6,442
Level 10
LEVEL 10
Admins
Owner
We don't plan on ever using one. It's pretty non-vanilla gameplay. :( sowwy to burst your bubble of hope D:
[img][/img]
Posted Jan 2, 19
Agree
List
Undo
Votes:
+37
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Untagged users
Data packs don't have to break the vanilla experience siuan, Most of the things I had planned were even less vanilla breaking than anything already in swancraft. So it isn't a very fair argument. Adding a trade currency drop to a mob is no worse than having keys that give you christmas items or kits that give you glowing heads. These are very not vanilla things. And I just wanted to enchance the swancraft expericane. Not only that, datapacks meld well with plugins because you can take a manual opperation and pack it into a file so you can save effort on things that can be very time consuming. They don't have to be game changing. A lot of it is quality of life stuff. I don't see any reason to not consider them unless the reason is a technical limitation preventing them from being used because they are purely beneficial.
Posted Jan 2, 19 · OP
Owner
Votes:
+6,442
Level 10
LEVEL 10
Admins
Owner
We don't have the time, knowledge, or resources to mess with datapacks and it will never be a priority for us to do so.
[img][/img]
Posted Jan 2, 19
Votes:
+37
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Untagged users
That's fair and more clearly stated, thank you. I'll consider your words while I'm working on my 1.13 item suggestions and create plug and play data packs as well as versions of my suggestions that don't rely on anything related to them. That way, I get the satisfaction of trying anyways and also not limiting the potential of my items by a system that seems will be a fruitless effort. I really just want to see if I cant get items like this one into Swancraft.
diagram.png
It's op in someways if you heavily invest into it. But no matter what it isn't really that good. Just interesting and I like the idea of some more interesting items added. Even if I only get one cut down true version of either that would still be worth the extra hour and a half I used making the variants and the villager trader. Or even if it gets shut down I still tried to see it added you know. I'm not going to stop doing the extra work.
Posted Jan 2, 19 · OP
NoticeNotices